1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

G5 prices faaaaling...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by maintiger, May 9, 2005.

1. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

for those looking for a G5, I went to macprices.com where they list the prices and places, and they just happen to have a dual 2.0 G5 listed for macmall (with an sku number) for $1619. I called and sure enough, the bait was there- last one they said- i did not get enticed with any extras and I picked that puppy right up- can't wait till its delivered- They claim it is free shipping with mail in rebate and they sticked me up for $62 for that- believe me, I'm getting it right back :D

with the model changes this is usually the time to pick up a new mac but have you seen the prices in most apple stores? there is only like $100 difference between the dual 2.0 G5 and the 'new model' 2.0 G5- keep your eyes opened though- bargains are out there if you look- :D

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I want one sooooo bad Xavier. My, now older Mac has been nothing less than awesome! You lucky dog!

3. maintiger

I just could not pass it up- the price waas just right- my G4 (dual 867) was getting slow with all the VI's I've been using with DP(mach five, atmosphere, garritan, stylus, DFHS)- this will keep me for a couple more years now-

4. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Awesome Xavier, Sounds like you got quite a deal. :cool:

Keep us updated as I'm sure others will be interested in it's performance compared to your old G4.

5. maintiger

Today I'm going to pick up 2 GB of ram (2 sticks @ 1 Gb ea) from a local apple distribuitor-
    not bad, $250 for the 2 Gb- that should set the G5 a-humming along- (it only comes with 512) can't wait, it should be here by friday (I hope)