Good compressor plugin.....

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by therecordingart, Mar 15, 2005.

1. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

This might be a question for Mr. French since he is also a Cubase/Nuendo guy.

Right now I'm only using the stock compressor in Cubase SX and was wondering if there is a better compressor plug out there, and what makes it better?

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

A lot of people are really fond of This one and of the UAD-1 emulations of the 1176, Fairchild, and LA-2A comps. I use Waves RComp a lot and find it to be smooth. I would like to point out that I am not a guru when it comes to recording engineering so very detailed answers are best left for an older, more experienced engineer, or better yet, to your own ears.

3. Here are my 2 cents, not that it means much...

I record with Nuendo 2.0 and I too use WAVES RComp quite a bit because it is very smooth, but I also like BLOCKFISH by Digital Fish Phones because I find it to be very easy to get the sound I'm looking for from it and always find a use for it on something. Plus not to mention that it's FREE!!! Which is crazy because it's a very cool plugin. Mr French is right and you should let your ears guide you in the right direction.