1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Good hip-hop/breaks hardware...mc-909 or akai drummachine?

Discussion in 'Drums' started by DjR4FH, Apr 25, 2005.

1. DjR4FH

DjR4FH Active Member

Any good suggestions for hardware machines for making good hard beats and deep bass for hiphop? What are anyones thoughts/experiances with rolands mc909? is it worth it for small time production @ home? thanks....

2. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

I'd skip the 909 and get an MPC 4000 then buy some samplez
    or an elektron machine drum with the sampling option
    or one of those Jomox analog thingies
    or a super synth like the access virus Ti, tweak it and sample it

3. aykut

aykut Guest

You should take a look at Korg Electribe MX.It sounds bigger compared to Roland groove stuff(like other electribes).

4. DjR4FH

DjR4FH Active Member

Actually, yeah i was looking at an elektribe mx, the blue one right? it sounded pretty cool, nice demos i heard. also some very nice options on it, and i like the vacuum tubes. not too pricey either, it said about 959 canadian. Any sites that sell the access virus or the akai 4000?

5. iznogood

iznogood Member

if you want the real $*^t buy an mpc3000

nothing i mean NOTHING compares to it... not even the 4000

it's tighter than logic/protools/cubase combined

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38069&item=7317096610&rd=1

6. o2x

o2x Active Member

Yup AKAI is the ticket.

Bass - well personally speaking, Access stuff is nice and fat, but I also use Novation and Nord Kit. Aint tried any korg stuff since the Prophecy!

7. aykut

aykut Guest

For bass, Waldorf Pulse or Pulse+ sounds fatter compared to virtual analog stuff.If you want to spend more also check Studio Electronics ATC-1 and SE-1.Yamaha's old FM stuff (like TX802) is cheap and you can get a nice deep bass.