1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Good mixer for tracking....?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by centurymantra, Jun 10, 2005.

1. I'm looking at picking up one or two small mixers to use on the occasions where I'd like to do sub-mixes while tracking to save on channels. Typically, this would be for drums and multiple microphone situations on guitar/bass amps and would be using a single stereo (or mono) output into my DAW. I'm looking for recommendations on a mixer that can offer a clear signal pass-through and the pre-amps need to be set up so they can be switched out of the signal chain for bypassing, as I will typically be using outboard pre-amps prior to the mixer. Due to this, the quality of the pre-amps is of little importance. I'd just like something that's fairly nice, with a very clean and transparent pass-through on the faders/panning. I'd like to keep it under $400, though I could stretch the budget a bit if worthwhile. Any recommendations and/or tips are much appreciated!

2. 8_left_turns

8_left_turns Active Member

good mixer

I know where you can get a real nice mixer that is probably pretty cheap......
    :shock:

3. 8_left_turns

8_left_turns Active Member

Guess it would help if I told you where...

Im selling mine on ebay very cheap http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7327775956&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
    If the link didn't paste, just look under mackie studio recording...

4. I'll keep that in mind..

I assume that the pres and EQ can be completely bypassed? That may be a dumb question, but I'm not used to working with mixers.