1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Good Old Vintage Keyboards

Discussion in 'Keyboards' started by dabmeister music, Jul 16, 2004.

1. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

I'm starting to aquire a lust for a few vintage keys to add to my arsenal. Top of the list would be a new Mini-Moog synth. Second, a refurbed Hohner D6 Clav. Third, a refurbed Hammond B-3 w/ matching Leslie (for the studio). These 3 are what I'd crave to get my hands on. Of course I'd throw in a good pre on the clav to get a decent growl out of it, other than that, this would be what I'd want for now. Anybody else have any of the greats from the past (as well as the present) that they'd like to mention here?

2. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Oberheim Expander
    xpander.jpg

3. Edu Zappa

Edu Zappa Guest

Matrix 12!!

4. UncleBob58

UncleBob58 Active Member

Wurlitzer Electric Piano

Fender Rhodes

Arp Odyssey

Farfisa Pro Duo Organ

Mellotron/Chamberlin (just kidding!!!)

5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

Prophet5, Juno.

dabmeister, I remember those instruments when they were new.
    Get yourself a few roadies, for the heavy lifting.

I pledged to my back that I would NEVER lift another B3, Rhoades, or the deceptively heavy D6 Clavinet. That's young mans work.

6. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Hey G, I got a chance to play those instruments back in the day (late 70's thru late 80's), so I'm with you on those terms. By the way, I almost forgot...I'm almost 42. It's funny how time races by. Before you know it, some of us will be explaining how todays gear was and so on. Oh how I do remember, I was one who hated the rodie chores. :x

7. UncleBob58

UncleBob58 Active Member

I remember lugging around a B-3 w/147 Leslie powered by a HiWatt 100 head, a Rhodes, a D-6 Clavinet, RMI Piano, Elka String Thing, MiniMoog, ARP Odyssey and a Mellotron. THANK GOD FOR ROADIES!!!!!!!!