1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

good video card for dual display

Discussion in 'Recording' started by sickyboy, Sep 30, 2005.

1. sickyboy

sickyboy Guest

I have a 64 meg card that keeps giving me the hardware buffer error. Looking for a 128 one cause i think thats the problem. have no probs with my 128 meg with single display.
  2. McCheese

McCheese Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    I think 64MB should be fine for non-gaming work. Are your drivers updated?
  3. Caisson

Caisson Guest

I used a geforce for duel screen until I got a new pc that didn't have an agp slot.....so I had to buy a new one.....a picked up an ATI raddeon 64MB card for 30 bucks...looks and works great. Now if your gaming I don' t know if 64 is enough.
  4. sickyboy

sickyboy Guest

No gaming. This is a dedicated audio workstation with win XP pro. It said i had the right drivers. Soyou dont think it could be memory related?
  5. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2002
    a good vid card for dual? how's about a great card for dual!

Last time I checked, Matrox was the industry leader in text and graphics display. A difference in clarity that can be easily seen when comparing to many high end gaming cards. Matrox drivers are rock solid. The cards are highly compatible.

I've been using a Matrox G450 32mb dual head for years, it excels at what it was designed for- not gaming- but high end graphics display.

Its always been at the top of the list for workstations I think.
    But then I havn't looked into hardware in a while, 'cause my stuff just works too well.

If you only need dual analog video outputs, the Matrox card I have(OEM Matrox G450 32mb) is about 89 bucks at newegg. A model with 64mb and dual DVI will cost a bit more.