Tonight, RO, it was "a miracle". So a member of the band said. Said I to him: "only at your end..." Joint service with our band and a nearby Church's choir. Ended up with 3 guitars, a clarinet, double bass, piano, 20 strong choir and 6 vocalists. Badly rehearsed, noone expected anything too great but it turned out fine. Hence the miracle. Naturally, I recorded it. Naturally, using onboard sound. Naturally, things went to pot. I got drift in the recordings...not just a millisecond every so often, or whatever...no, major drift. Like, 9 minutes every hour. And the other track recordings were trying to compensate for the problem...by dropping samples, to "keep up" with a track which was now inputting almost 10 minutes behind reality. So when I stopped the recording at the end of the service, I found that 3 tracks were full of clicks and pops and the other 2 stopped halfway through the second last hymn. I wouldn't mind but it sounded fine live and a few people had asked about recordings. Also, I found out that using a $20 mic to mic both a clarinet and a double bass at the same time is NOT going to work. Ever. Nor is using 4 randomly arranged vocalist mics to capture a choir sitting 10 feet away. Oh, and writing audio data to a hard drive which is 8 times as slow as it should be...causes an entire CPU core to be chewed up with "Hardware Interrupts". Sorry for the rant.