1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Great Drum Pres

Discussion in 'Drums' started by benny, Mar 18, 2006.

1. benny

benny Active Member

Dec 14, 2004
    I need to rent a four channel mic pre unit, to record big puncy rock drums next saturday. The rental place has the API 3124M, GML 8300, Focusrite Red 1, and the John Hardy M-1 and 990/4. I would like to know which pres to check out.
  2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    Benny, have you ever tried any jets??

But really, so many rock-and-roll hits recorded with API. That guy George, he's got a few hits. If you want THAT sound APIs have had more hits than George Massenburg. I don't know how many hits John Hardy ever had, Focuswrong with any color and Dean Jensen who made a better operational amplifier than API but it didn't sound like an API! So there you go. You didn't even ask about Rupert what's his name?

API and Neve one of the most noticeable rock-and-roll favorites of all times. HERE COMES THE JUDGE! HERE COMES THE JUDGE!

Ms. Remy Ann David
  3. I like the API for rock and hard rock. And metal as well
    Where do people rent preamps from? I've never heard of this. I want to rent something killer!!!
  4. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Pacific NW
    For me it could be either. The API for more of a heavier hitter kinda rock....Hardy w/990 is everything else.