1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Great River .. good choice?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by didzejzefir, Feb 26, 2004.

1. didzejzefir

didzejzefir Guest

I'm looking to buy a Great River ME-1NV, for use with mostly hip hop vocals, and some female singing. Do you think this is a wise buy? and what mic would you recommend for up to a 1000 USD?

p.s. I have an M-Audio Omni studio interface / Delta 66 sound card.
  2. Malpasoman

Malpasoman Guest

Great mic pre. it's hard to go wrong with the Great River. I would recommend you demo a few mics before actually buying one if you can.
  3. didzejzefir

didzejzefir Guest

Cool. I was thinking about:

AKG 414 ULS or TLII
    Audio Technica AT 4060
    Studio Projects T3
    AKG Solidtube

Do I need a TUBE mic for hip hop??
  4. didzejzefir

didzejzefir Guest

Also an Audio Technica AT3060 ..

Any of these will give me good vocals for hip hop/female singing .. mostly rapping though, or any other recommendations? please stay in the 1000$ range. Thanks.
  5. chessparov

chessparov Active Member

Dec 16, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    didz, on your "other" thread, I neglected to mention the Studio Projects T3.

I tried it at NAMM and was extremely impressed with it on my voice. Am a "crooner" though with no hip hop singing experience at all.

The 3060 is kind of weird as it has a "tube" originally designed for hearing aids!

6. Don Rowe

Don Rowe Guest

Nice preamp! AT 4060 out of the ones you have listed..But try before you buy...Good luck
  7. Malpasoman

Malpasoman Guest

No you don't.
  8. Add a 57 to that list just for a reference. I can't find a mic that I like better on my voice.
  9. studio rat

studio rat Guest

Great River is a better pre amp but I'm doing mostly Hip Hop and female vocals as well, and I went with Avalon .Listen to it first of coarse
    but look at this user list!