1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Guess what!?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by llornkcor, Feb 11, 2003.

1. llornkcor

llornkcor Active Member

Guess who is officially licensed to port realnetworks realaudio/video codecs to linux on ARM processors?

That's correct! Me!
    Wootya!!

ljp

2. p0rk

p0rk Guest

Didn't they make it open source or something like that? That's pretty cool that you're going to be working on an arm port of it... I've got an iPaq with an arm processor running linux ;) ... Are you going to start an open source project page or anything?

3. llornkcor

llornkcor Active Member

They did not open source the rv codecs. Helix is opensource client/server. But the real codecs are not opensourced. :)

4. p0rk

p0rk Guest

Ahhh... I see... So are you actually going to be writing 'Real Player' for Linux/ARM, or is it going to be part of another project? I assume the final product is going to have to be closed source?

5. llornkcor

llornkcor Active Member

well, firstly, I am in the porting the helix client to linux arm. Secondly, I am also helping to port the ra/rv codecs to linux arm. and thirdly, will write a plugin for the sharp zaurus' mediaplayer, or a player for linux on arm.
    :D