1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Guitar midi pickups

Discussion in 'Recording' started by sirchick, Nov 7, 2007.

1. sirchick

sirchick Active Member

Does any one know any recommend guitar midi pickups?

I'm trying to find one which is able to pick up notes well even at a fair speed and also be able to single string pickup as well (meaning you can select one or just a few strings that the pickup will turn to midi).

I been looking for one for ages but no one I know has had/used one to give me their opinions on it...

Price isn't too much of a problem unless were talking like over £150 for one.. =/

Any one got any suggestions ?

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Does such an animal exist? I know that there are plenty of midi/piezo pickups. Wether you can set them to respon individually to midi channels is another question.

Controlling the transmission of Impact sound through floors

3. sirchick

sirchick Active Member

I've seen it done on youtube but did not know the model... but not midi channels.. im on about the guitars strings..

is that pickup for acoustic guitars =/ ??

4. hueseph

They are bridge saddles for a strat type guitar. I'm pretty sure they have them for tunomatic style bridges as well. As far as Floyd Rose type pickups, I'm thinking tha you'll have to purchase a full on bridge for that.

There is a guitar system out there that does what you want, though I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Check this out:
    http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=849&skip=true&page=video&file=vg-99_demo_video_pt1.flv

Go to part three. I think this has the features you want.

In order to send certain strings to certain sounds, you need to be able to send to different midi channels. That is what I meant by channels.

5. sirchick

sirchick Active Member

Roland VG99 V-Guitar System nearly 1000$ ! lol

I dont know if the price is worth that...but it does look amazing...

6. hueseph

The GK3 guitar midi pickup is probably only a few hundred bucks but you need to connect it to something. I'm not sure that it will attach to just any old midi synth module. There is another product out there but I just can't remember.

7. sirchick

sirchick Active Member

I will have a good look at it.