1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Guitar splitter

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by sproll, Feb 1, 2005.

1. sproll

sproll Active Member

Hi there,

I seen Kurt recommend the Littlelabs Distro and such, but they are extremely expensive.

Are there any out there that are a little less money and still work half decent? Thanks!

Tom

2. heyman

heyman Guest

Yes, the little labs STD. It is a low cost high quality unit. 125.00 bucks get 's you a clean transparent Splitter with no loss of sound.

I used it on a recent session and I had to split the guitar to 2 diffrent amps. Worked great.

I highly recommend it !!

Jim

3. sproll

sproll Active Member

Can you use it for re-amping as well?

4. heyman

heyman Guest

Not sure, give him a call.

800-642-0064

Sproll, even as a splitter box- you will not be disapointed.

Take care-
    Jim

5. sproll

sproll Active Member

Awesome... thanks for the tip!

Tom

6. vhollund

vhollund Guest

theres Skrydstrup and there is Axess elec too
    both high quality at affordable prices

7. Johnjm22

Johnjm22 Guest

I second the Little Labs std. Not only is it a splitter, but It also converts your instruments output to xlr so you can have long cable runs without losing quality.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Nope.

It was originally meant for long instrument runs... like you have a guitar player in the control room and the amp in the studio kind of a thing.

There is a 1/4" plug with a "Single Transistor" in it that drives a balanced signal to an XLR that can be plugged into a mic cable which can be plugged into the "receiver Device"... from that receiver device you can plug into two amps, an amp and a direct box... whatever [there are two high impedance 1/4" outputs].

Hence the name "Single Transistor Device" or "STD" for short.

For "reamping" you'd need a "Redeye" or a "PCP" or an "IBP".