1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Hard choice, help me choose

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by C9productions, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Sebatron vmp-2000e OR A-Designs MP1

i've known the vmp's to be very clean great sounding pres.. but i've been doing some research on the mp1, and some have called it the best pre under $1000

even $850 is pushing my budget but i'm trying to get something that i won't have to upgrade from for a long time..
    mics i use:
    SE5500(on the way)

i mainly record r&b artist and hiphop artist. right now i'm tracking with the TLM193 through a Valley audio 401 mic processor.. it sounds good.. a little thin, but good.. but i know i can get better..
    which of the 2 pre's would you take in my shoes..or if you have another pre in mind let me know please
  2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    There are reviews of both these pres in the RO E Mag. Sebatron VMP 4000

A Designs MP-2

I do not have any audio samples of the A Designs piece but you can hear the Sebatron in use in the Mic Pre comparisons posted in the Audio Projects Streaming page..

(Dead Link Removed)
  3. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2002
    I have to confess that the first time I looked at the title of this thread I thought of someting like:
    Should I marry or stay single? ( hard choice, help me choose..)

Bad joke
    Nice week to all
  4. kert, what pre would YOU pick.. i like that tube sound..but i may just ger a grace 101.. i want a peavey vmp1