1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Hardcore vocals

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by davis1, Jul 21, 2005.

1. davis1

davis1 Guest

I'm convinced that a lot of people use at least SOME kind of effect when they do hardcore. One that is predominate is a type of delay that doesn't have a lot of run-off. Does anyone know about any other effects they might use? Distortion would help I'm sure. I heard a recording once where, if you paid attention enough, it sounded like a really thick chorus effect that made the warble sound like a hardcore scream.

Any thoughts?
  2. jonnyc

jonnyc Guest

There's probably a million ways to get what you're talkig about. I put one screamer thru sans amp with a lot of distotion and he loved it. I cranked a cheap tube pre up and that gave a decent distortion. I've also layered screams 4 or 5 times to get a nice in your face sound. I'm sure a variety of chorus', delays, and reverbs are used also, it just really depends on the vocalist.
  3. Pootkao

Pootkao Guest

I've always just done multiple takes, but throwing some SansAmp in there sounds like it could be cool... or the BlueTubes Overdrive.