1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Harvey, the RNMP?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by kent powell, Feb 14, 2002.

1. kent powell

kent powell Active Member

Did I dream it or did I read in another forum where you said McQ was a couple weeks away from unleashing this mythic beast upon the world? If I was dreaming, please forgive me dragging this dead horse out for another round of kicking.
    -kent

PS-I promise not to hound you for review daily. I'll leave that to others.

2. Bear's Gone Fission

Bear's Gone Fission Active Member

Maybe we should all just agree not to mention it until it is out on the market. Yes, as of the last batch of news, back around AES time, it should have been shipping a good long while. My understanding is a lot of the problem is supply chain issues. They are a small shop, and not Alesis. Consider Alesis for a while and consider what a good thing it is that FMR isn't Alesis, and on so many levels, too.

I can wait. The totaled car means I need to reassess my finances and not make any big purchases for a while, which an RNMP would be for me. D'oh.

Bear

3. hargerst

hargerst Active Member

Rumor has it (from a source close to Mark) that 20 pre-production units are about to go out for final evaluation, with 500 units near completion, assuming these 20 pass muster.

4. alba359

alba359 Active Member

Home Page:
    I'm not sure but I think BPM is advertising them on thier web site for $229. I'll have to check again.

5. kent powell

Sounds doubtful, alba. McQ wouldn't release 'em before testing, and that price sounds a bit low.

Bear, sorry to hear bout your car.
    -kent

6. hargerst

hargerst Active Member

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the suggested retail will be somewhere between $350 and $399.

7. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

When you see it here, it's real.

8. alba359

alba359 Active Member

Home Page:
    Hi, I just got off BPM's web site They ARE advertising the Studio Projects VTB-1 for $229. I think they may be taking orders. But....... see for yourself. http://www.bpmmusic See where it says NEW PRODUCTS 2/7/02. It takes you to Studio Products items. The VTB-1 is item #3527.15101 (free shipping). That takes you to a pop-up message which states,"NEW SITE CERTIFICATE" ,whatever that means.

9. Bear's Gone Fission

Bear's Gone Fission Active Member

My guess is the Studio Projects pre won't be so hot. The tube is a starved-plate stage to add in distortion, same as the cheap faux-tube gear made by other bottom feeder manufacturers. If the solid state sound could stand on its own, they probably would leave that nonsense in the circuit. I'd like to be wrong about it, since it is at a friendly price, but I really doubt it'll be very good.

Bear

10. kent powell

Yeah, ditto what Bear said for me. I've concluded that the only quality (real) tube pre's worth having are the ones I can't afford. Cheep toob distortion to add "color" I don't need.

Having said that, I certainly don't intend to dis the SP, especially as I've never occupied the same room with one. I'm just looking for the cleanest gain path I can get, and hoping that FMR once again comes to rescue us bottom-feeders.
    -kent