1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Helicon Voice Works?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by eddies880, Nov 26, 2004.

1. eddies880

eddies880 Guest

Wondering if anyone is using the TC Helicon Voice Works-=if so how do you like it?
  2. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I had one, and sold it recently, but I did really like it, I just found that it never got used, and I got tired of seeing it sitting in the rack knowing that someone could get some use out of it, and I could get some money out of it!!!

It does what it does very well in my opinion. I bought it originally to use on some of my personal projects to add some harmony parts easily and quickly for composing purposes.

It did that function very well, I just found myself doing less and less of that.

Most of the bands that I record don't need the synthesized harmonies, as they do their own, so as good as it was, it never got any use in my studio. I had it for about a year, and finally got rid of it (sadly).

I found the reverb and delay to be pretty good, but never really used the EQ or compression, so I cannot talk there.

The harmony generation is quite good, especially for the price you are paying for the unit. I was able to get some really good sounding mixes using the harmonies, and when used in a "standard" mix with drums/bass/guitar, etc. you cannot tell that they are "fake" (although solo'ed, you could probably tell if you tried).

The mic pre is OK as well, although I never really used it on anything "real", so I'd better not comment too much here.

One thing that I found was just outstanding was the pitch correction! I have been using Auto-Tune for a long time, and I have to admit that the VW was much better sounding. You cannot go in and do the individual graphical editting like you can in A-T, but comaring to the auto mode, there is no question in my mind that the VW sounds better than A-T. I was not expecting this, and was pleasently surprised at how good it was.
  3. eddies880

eddies880 Guest

Thanks for youre time,I really appreciate youre "expierenced" input on the TC.
    Ive been wanting a good vocal processor for some time now.
    I really want to try to make things easier when it comes time to burn the vocals. :cool: