hello all, and indexes/hidden tracks

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by rpowell, Aug 21, 2001.

1. rpowell

rpowell Guest

hey all, first off hello...i'm new to this board..i'm from vancouver, bc..play guitar in local band "definition" and i do some freelance engineering whenever possible.. on to the question..

we're currently recording our album..it's a concept album of sorts..a story..and we're having each track run into the next..no gaps...also..there is a couple places on the cd where we want to have program "hidden"-i suppose, as negative time in tracks..or the overdone 3 minutes after the last song...
    i have masterlist and jam at my disposal...any tips or tricks?

2. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

Jun 29, 2001

Take a wav. editor and whichever tracks you want to add silence, incorporate samples...trick with ...etc...can be done there.

What I do in one portion of mastering is to do my heads and tails on each track (editing) then save as indivigual wav. files. Makes CD burning a breeze!!

I don't know who was first...but I did an album in 1984 (days of the buldging mountain...by Decisions of clammer...total indie) where track 14 was silence for 9 mins...and at 9:03 I added a 2 second sample. I thought it was cool that very few took the time to search it out.

We sold about 900 CD's which was really good for a no name.

Use your imagination! Have fun!!