1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

HELP - ERROR 6086 In Pro Tools LE

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by djrr3k, Mar 26, 2005.

1. djrr3k

djrr3k Guest

so I just set a friend up with a new computer and an Mbox. The computer is a Gateway 530:

3.0 GHZ
    1.0GB Dual Channel RAM
    200 Gig System Drive, 120 Gig Audio Drive (Maxtor 7,200 W/8MB Cache, Both SATA

I loaded up a 14 track session at 48k/24bit and I keep getting errors telling me to increase the H/W buffer (6086). It is set at 1024 samples. I ran the computer in Diagnostic mode to try to ease the load on the CPU, but when I look at the CPU usage meter it's not even budging. I put 16 instances of the Izotope Ozone 3 on the inserts and the CPU usage is still only around 50%. I get this message sometimes two seconds after hitting play, sometimes two minutes after hitting play. With tons of plugins on, and with NO plugins on.

Any Ideas?
    I know the motherboard is an Intel 915G which Digidesign doesn't claim to support, as well as SATA, but I'm kind of running out of ideas. He is also running 6.7, I suggested 6.4 since it seems to have a few less bugs in it, we are going to try using 6.4 this upcoming week if we can't get the problem fixed.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. jdsdj98

jdsdj98 Active Member

Jun 8, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Have you read the manual, checked the DUC at Digidesign's website and/or called tech support yet? I'd start there, in that order, if I were you.
  3. MIKE1949

MIKE1949 Guest

OH MAN! That board is a problem

Very likely your motherboard, Digi does'nt fool around when they say they don't support a board. Only other thing to look at is your bios, if you have hyper-threading, well, you know the drill. Best of luck to you.