1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help me overclock!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by x0b00n, Jul 15, 2002.

1. x0b00n

x0b00n Guest

Hi,

To save me precious build time when my new system gets here tommorow can someone give me a quick overview of what I need to change in the BIOS to get my new P4 1.8a cpu to run at 2.2 or more please.

The system is:

Asus p4b266
    P4 1.8 Northbridge
    512MB Mushkin Cas 2-2-2 Hi Perf PC2100 DDR Ram

What Bios settings will I need to adjust? I'm not very experienced with ocing so don't really fancy blowing up my chip/mobo/ram/house/city as soon as I get it... :)

I'm not too bothered about getting every last drop of juice out of the system, but would still like to make a significant improvement.

Thanks,

x0b00n

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Very simple with that mainboard...go to Advanced in the BIOS and you will see an option for clock speed...highlite that and press Enter...you will see an option for 1800 or 2400(or close to that) choose the later...that's it...voilla..you've now overclocked your Anus! ha ha ha
    Opus

3. x0b00n

x0b00n Guest

It's that simple? I don't need a super-duper fan and cooling stuff? As my old mate Monty Burns would say "Excellent" :D

4. Opus2000

Excellent Smithers..excellent!! lol!
    Yup..stock fan is just fine! That's what I use..in fact the stock fan is really quiet too!
    Enjoy
    Opus

5. x0b00n

x0b00n Guest

ok, thanks for the tips opus, I'll let you know how I get on! Gonna take a sicky off work tommorow to do the build ;)

6. Blutone

Blutone Guest

If anyone's up for some interesting reading, here ya go. :D

http://www.tweak3d.net/tweak/cpu/

7. x0b00n

x0b00n Guest

Hi :)

I did the build and everything went sweet! Only problem was that my gfx card doesn't fit the agp slot, so I ordered a new one, for now I'm using a PCI one.

I'm running at 2400 as I type and have had no stability problems :)

I havent tested for audio yet but I'm sure it'll kick some serious arse!

8. Opus2000

Yeehaw!! Another ANUS system in the works! lmao!
    Congrats man!
    Opus