1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help. New computer, lost driver disc and more

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Susan Smallwood, May 24, 2011.

1. Susan Smallwood

Susan Smallwood Active Member

I need to get the copy that came wi th my Avid recording studio onto my new computer. I have the old computer, but that's not helping, considering I can't find the driver disc which also had the version of protools on it I was using (I'm assuming a scaled down version of pro tools since the interface is so cheap). I *think* I downloaded the right driver from the web site, but it's useless without the recording software. What to do now? Is there a way to patch from one computer to another? I need it for a project I'm working on tomorrow. And I've hunted everwhere for it.

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

What version of Pro Tools, what OS (Mac or PC) is it and what interface?

3. Susan Smallwood

Susan Smallwood Active Member

ProTools SE 8 I believe.
    PC
    Interface is the home studio by m-audio that uses fast track. I did get the driver off the avid website but no human beings answer the phone and I was on hold for an hour with Avid trying to reach someone to ask about protools. I ended up downloading audacity but am not a fan of the playthrough capabilities. So I really want protools back. :(