1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by tempest1226, May 8, 2005.

1. tempest1226

tempest1226 Guest

hey forum, how is everyone. ok. check it out. I cant decide whether i should go with cubase and an interface and mixer board, or go with a roland2480. I have a imac g5 for recording so that would benefit the cubase. but i just wanted to ask what i would need with cubase. This is what i want to do. Record guitars, bass and live/electronic drums. but it seems the more plugins you use with mulitple channels the more the latency problem occurs. so what would i need with cubase (cheap as possible) to get a setup that is fast and will get the job done. and my most important question is. if i did go with cubase and a mixer and interface. could i, after i record all my tracks, use the mixer to mix the volumes and the eq as well as any external gear such as my avalon for a specific channel (in other words) use the board for mixing after the recording rather than use the mouse and jump in the program. the reason i ask is because i would rather use more outboard gear to save on latency and to have specific outboard gear for each individual channel to be used with JUST that CHANNEL which is why i am confused on what to do. by the way i am pretty new at the stuff so understand. lol. thank you and sorry so jumbly. HELP. lol. peace