1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help PLEAZE what to do

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by tmay, Mar 17, 2002.

1. tmay

tmay Guest

Ok today I got a hold of two avalon 737 mic pres processors on a great bargin, question is with my delta 1010 , soundcraft m12 mixer, good mics and cubase and nuendo will I be able to get pro results with the equipment I have. Or will I have to dump the delta 1010. thanks

2. miketholen

miketholen Guest

yeah, I think dumping your Delta will definately yield more "professional" results.
    that's an old trick that I've seen done many times before, it always works! :w:

3. MadMoose

MadMoose Active Member

You should be able to get good results if you're a good engineer. Work with what you have until it starts holding you back and you can hear the shortcomings of it. Would you be better off with a Mytek or a Benchmark? Yeah, but it won't make or break a recording as much your tracking and mixing skills will.

4. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

I sorta dissagree with Mike (& thats kinda rare!) I recently did some additional production & mix on a track a band started on the same model Delta card.. I was suprised how fat it sounded.. and the production turned out well in the end!

:)

So, yes, it's official. It's time to start kicking ass with the gear ya already got!

:w:

5. miketholen

miketholen Guest

so then, what's a Delta?
    c'mon I'm dying to know! ;)