1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help plzzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Recording' started by v4g, Jul 26, 2009.

1. v4g

v4g Guest

hey everyone
    i m having a problem recording...... it surfaced very recently when i started recording electric guitar..... its jus that whenever i play a chord (or even a low note) for a long time , the bass note dies down gradually.....heres an example recording...

this happens with my acoustic guitar as well.....plz help me.....its really annoying ....
  2. apstrong

apstrong Active Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Can you explain the problem again, maybe using different words? Because I listened to that file and I have no idea what you're talking about.
  3. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Jun 26, 2007
    In an accurate replication of the real world, sounds are supposed to lose energy in a specific time frame.
  4. v4g

v4g Guest

in the first few seconds... upto 4 or 5..... the guitar has a much fuller sound......after that the treble notes start ringing really loud and the low notes of the chord sort of diminish or fade away with that "wang wang" sorta sound
  5. v4g

v4g Guest

so will that happen everytime......... cant i prolong that time a bit?? how am i supposed to get a "full" sound for some time..... or is this something i have to live with?
  6. FlyBass

FlyBass Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Central Indiana, USA
    What is your recording chain? Are you using a noise gate?
  7. Guitarfreak

Guitarfreak Distinguished Member

Feb 21, 2009
    That is a good idea, I didn't think about that one. It could be what you are using to monitor is screwing with your signal as well. Do you have any kind of compression on this track? Not setting a compressor right could cause some similar problems with the note tail and the way the note fades out.
  8. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Jun 26, 2007
    It can happen for many reasons.

The introduction of an electric guitar seems to be the catalyst.

But what is the chain and how is the room and as
    Mx. Remy is noted for, are you using professional recording engineer technique?
  9. v4g

v4g Guest

i m simply recording it to my computer with my microphone...and i m a noob at recording and stuff....no i m not using any professional recording techniques.... should i set up a compressor? can i get some sort of a digital compressor?..... i tried recording in a room the size of a telephone booth but with the same result..... the ceiling is about 10 ft and so is the length nd breadth....... full of my stuff
  10. hueseph

hueseph Distinguished Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    OKay. What's between the computer and your microphone? If it's just the cable then I have to assume you are using the computers on board soundcard. If that is the case, there is your problem. Don't expect to get much better than that. Spend a little money on a cheap interface that will at least allow you to plug in directly without destroying the sound all together. Computer soundcards are for gaming and chat and that's about it.
  11. v4g

v4g Guest

alrite i ll look into it..... thanks for the advice guys