1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help ranking interfaces

Discussion in 'Converters & Interfaces' started by Deju, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Deju

Deju Guest

I need an all-in-one recording interface for my laptop. Very unhappy with the M-Audio MobilePre USB. Like to spend 3 to 6 hundred depending on quality and features, but open to a bit more. More inputs would be nice, but 2 very high quality inputs at a low price would be desirable.

Edirol UA-25
    Lexicon Omega STudio
    Mackie Spike
    Focusrite Saffire
    Presonus Firebox

or a Tascam FW-1802

Any suggestions on the above or not listed. Primarily looking for price,soundquality,features.
  2. iznogood

iznogood Guest

the one that you think sounds the best i rate highest...
  3. what about a mbox from digidesign?
  4. Deju

Deju Guest

iznogood, guess if I had them all on my desk that would be the best wouldn't it, but alas I don't have that kinda spending power.

pappad, good idea - looks solid,but i was cosidering using cubase or samplitude instead of protools + i'm worried about p4 motherboard issues.
  5. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Woodbridge, Va
    Home Page:
    Deju, first, what's your total maximum spending limit? And second, purchase or obtain a mobo w/ an intel chipset to match your P4 processor. At least half of your problems will be solved. Cubase loves the intel chipset mobo's.
  6. Deju

Deju Guest

I have an hp pavillion ze5500 laptop. So, I'm not going to be changing anything, but memory maybe. Let's say my total spending limit is $700.