1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help wanted

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Stereo_Type, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Stereo_Type

Stereo_Type Guest

I am a musician of about 25 yrs or so...give or take, but not playing pro at this time. I am new to digital recording...totally green, you might say. I have used various tascam anolog machines over the years, but not anything on a computer before. I am looking for help with a couple of things. I just bought a new computer for the sole purpose of recording. It's an AMD Barton xp2600+ running about 1.9 ghz, 512ddr ram, 40 G-HD, as well as a 80 G external drive, with an Edirol UA-25 for audio interface, Win2K Pro. I have played around a bit with cool edit pro, but still need help.
    My questions are:

1. What other software do you recommend for recording on computer?

2. What sites do you recommend for help and/or tutorials on mixing, recording and such.

3. Windows tweaks for audio recording?

Please forgive me if I have provided enuff info. I would be please to answer any questions. TIA

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

You should look into a good multitracker liek Cubase SX or Sonar. Also, check out MusicXP.net for tuning tips.

3. MrPhil

MrPhil Guest

1. Samplitude or Vegas if you don't want integrated powerfull midi, then I'd say Sonar4.
    3. As above.

4. machina

machina Active Member

As far as software goes, I've been very happy with the results i've gotten from Vegas. In my opinion, it's a bit easier to learn than Sonar or Cubase, and graphically its very easy to follow.

5. Stereo_Type

Stereo_Type Guest

Thanks to all for your help. I am going to try Cubase. I'll let you know....lol!