1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help! What's that 8-channel pre!?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by swesterhus, Dec 14, 2004.

1. swesterhus

swesterhus Guest

This is rather silly, but I'm trying (really really hard :roll: :shock: :? ) to remember what the brand was that made these 8-channel pre's you could break into 24 outs and stuff. Think it was quite a big box (2-3 unit) and I have a sneaking suspiscion that it was made in wales or somewhere in britian anyway... Any tip gladly appreciated!!! :D
  2. Jeemy

Jeemy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2003
    No idea, I know of 2, the JMP TMP8, much-reviewed here, and the Audient ASP008 which I am trying to find out more about,

3. JeffreyMajeau

JeffreyMajeau Active Member

Sep 5, 2000
    The Audient is a great box. I have one as the front end of my mobile rig - I send to the Fostex D108 via lightpipe. It may not have quite enough oomph for ribbons, but other than that, it's a good front end and I've been very satisfied. Doesn't impart any character onto the source, which is what I wanted.
  4. swesterhus

swesterhus Guest

yeah yeah... those are both great, but there was a british one that came out around 2002 or something, and had splitters on every channel and stuff.
    ANYBODY!!??? :cry: