1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help with Cubase LE playback problem

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by msc, Nov 16, 2005.

1. msc

msc Guest

I am very new at this so bear with me. I have an Alesis Multimix 8 mixer/usb interface and Cubase LE on my laptop. I records tracks fine, but playback and overdubbing sounds like absolute crap. There's this high pitch squeel and it sounds really quiet too even though my recording levels are high. I thought it might be the Alesis, so I played a cd from the computer through the Alesis as the playback device and it sounded perfect. Is there something in Cubase itself that's causing this? What's the deal? Where do I go to adjust how playback sounds? Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. What ASIO driver have you chosen in the Cubase device manager?
  3. msc

msc Guest

There was only one device to shoose from and that's the one I picked. It just said AISO driver. What should I choose and/or hw do I choose it? I know I'm showing my ignorance here but this is how you learn...
  4. Everyone is learning...or they're dead :wink:
    I know Alesis seems to go in and out, so if there isn't a dedicated driver for your equip. then there is always:
    This will at least give you a lower latency driver for Cubase if Alesis doesn't provide one. I don't know your hardware.