1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help with Dynaudio BM5A XLR connection.

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by atl123, Feb 2, 2009.

1. atl123

atl123 Guest

Every XLR cable I have tried on either one of my dynaudio studio monitors does not fit well into monitor's connector. I can get sound, but the connectors sit in their 'loosely' and does not provide for a stable connection. Has anybody with Dynaudio's have this problem? Please help because this is aggravating.

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Yup, you'd think they would put on a connector that locks in? Especially since they make a really decent monitor speaker. You can't fix stupid. Duct tape works wonders where nobody can see it.

Duct tape my mouth and I won't be able to.......
    .......gorple

3. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

You could change the connector yourself, pretty simple operation.

4. sweeterstudios

sweeterstudios Active Member

I have a pair of BM6aMKII I find that you have to push them in a little past what feels like there is no more room but there is. It's not a tight lock fit but it wont fall out and using mogami gold cables give an excellent non-colored sound unlike some other cables. If you still have problems contact Tc electronics (distributer of dynaudio product in the USA).

5. atl123

atl123 Guest

You are correct. I guess I have just never had to use any force with an XLR connector before, but it went right on in once I put some force behind it. Thanks.

6. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

There's a particular connection on our snake's stagebox that gets on my nerves, you need to hammer the thing in near enough, to get it to click - even though it's already 100% in, there's an alignment problem.

7. sweeterstudios

sweeterstudios Active Member

I am very happy the advice I gave you worked out. I will assume that the cable went in further and that it made a good connection!