1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

help with Mac powerbook (open transport missing)

Discussion in 'Recording' started by eddyfree, May 31, 2002.

1. eddyfree

eddyfree Guest

I'm attempting to set up an Internet connection on a 5300 Powerbook, running OS8

I'm informed by the Internet Connection Helper that OpenTransport can not be found and that I need to install it..

I have hooked up an External CDRdrive to load from, via SCSI.
    I have the Mac OS 8 on CDRom
    (Open Transport should be on this disc?)

NO EXTERNAL DRIVE
    The 5300powerbook is not recognizing the hardware ( the QPS CDR scsi drive). I 've set the scsi to 3 and terminated the hardware correctly. ( i think) Still nothing.

All help is greatly appreciated.

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Go to your extensions and enable it...simple as that!
    Opus :D

3. eddyfree

eddyfree Guest

Thanks Opus. When i look in the extensions everything seems to be checked as ON.

What in particular should i be looking for?

4. pan

pan Guest

Look for Open Transport / Open Transport PPC / Open Transport (Shared)Lib and there's Open Transport Serial Arbitrator - that's all if I remember right from those old days (I never got deep into 8.1 since 8.6 was there to take over my PT on 7.6 to MIXdays and further pushing the beige CPUs to 9.1, phew...) Look in the Extensions (Dis.)-Folder, do not use the Control-Panel, where you cannot see all extensions or folders.

Niko

5. eddyfree

eddyfree Guest

Thanks Nico. I'll have a look/

6. eddyfree

eddyfree Guest

Still not working.

I can find the folders, but they say to "add functionality to your computer, drag and drop into the extensions folder or the closed sysem folder."

The Open Transport is already in the extensions folder.

I'm confused.

:confused: