1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help with my mixes ?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Anel Paz, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Anel Paz

Anel Paz Guest

Two year ago I´d mixed and produced the first album of my band (I´m the guitar player ), in my own project studio. I was working for many years in production and studios , but the fact of dealing with my own album was difficult to me , too much subjectivity , I think !
    Now I'm working in another "close" album , my girlfriend is the singer , we are producing together , and I'm the engineer .
    I would like if somebody can listen to my old mixes , and tell me what can I optimize , and what isn't working ok .Here in Argentina is pretty difficult to get pro support in this area .
    The link to my band's music (Los Politicos minds The Politicians ) is
    Thanks a lot .
  2. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

Jun 29, 2001
    The Mix on Concha sounds Good...real nice and "phat".

Great guitar work.

I would have panned the cabasa hard on one or the other channels...but that is about it...maybe make the cymble crashes sustain a little longer...but it is definitly on the right track.

Good work.

As time permits...I will ck out the other tunes..

Good going!
  3. warlock

warlock Guest

Originally posted by Anel Paz:
    my girlfriend is the singer
    This is one of the biggest mistakes you can make when starting a band :) .

But on serious note:
    The mixes sound good to my ears. No objective suggestions can be made imo, and I'm not gonna make any subjective either.

Great work!

4. j.hall

j.hall Guest

agreed.....it sounds great
    to add to bill's list
    i would have made the kick drum louder
    however i am listening on small computer speakers
    i just could not here much kick

great work!
  5. Anel Paz

Anel Paz Guest

Thank You Guys !
    Yes ,I'd realize (after finishing the mix down) that the kick wasn't ok in "Concha ".The major problem was that we just had ns-10 m and headphones to mixing .
    Thank for your support
    If you have any free time and want to tell me more about any other song I'll appreciate a lot (I repeat , here in Argentina is difficult to find a pro point of view about mixing ),and btw you can listen to some Buenos -Aires -Pop ("La CAlle del Rio" , and "A Dor" have some South American rhythms on it ).
    And Keijo , yes , I know , my girlfriend on vocals is my biggest mistake :D