1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help with Plug Ins on Pro Tools LE 7?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by popscene66, Nov 13, 2005.

1. popscene66

popscene66 Guest

I apologize if I get any of the terminology wrong, as this is all a bit foreign to me...

After nearly 15 years of solely recording on analog equipment, I finally took the plunge into the digital world. Just to get my feet wet, I purchased an Mbox 2 with Pro Tools LE 6.8.1. It came bundled with their "Ignition Pack" (lite versions of BFD, Reason Adapted, etc). Everything was working just fine...and then I got the offer I thought I couldn't refuse - a free upgrade to Pro Tools LE 7. I downloaded it successfully, but, alas, I had no plug-ins in my mix window. I tried re-installing all the "Ignition Pack" software, restarted the computer...still nothing. I've tried re-installing the previous version of Pro Tools to see if I can just get back to the point I was at, and now get some sort of funky "DSI Set Thread" DLL error and can't open the program.

Now I'm just getting frustrated! So I seek the answers of those who are infinitely wiser at all this "new-fangled" gear. :)

I guess it's a two part question :

1) How do I access these plug-ins on Pro Tools 7?

or

2) How do I re-install Pro Tools 6.8.1 and get around that "DSI Set Thread" error?

Thank you for any and all assistance.

2. baslotto

baslotto Active Member

are you using a PC or a MAC?

3. popscene66

popscene66 Guest

Sorry - it's a PC. System details :

Windows XP
    Pentium D
    250 GB Hard Drive
    2 GB RAM

Thanks for the quick response.