1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

help with set up please

Discussion in 'Recording' started by nackattack, Feb 5, 2005.

1. nackattack

nackattack Guest

hello I am new to the forum and believe it or not have ran quite a few searches. I am just wondering what the best setup would be for my compressor to get the fullest sound out of my condensor mic. I have no preamp yet but have experimented with feeding the mic to behringer mixer then through fender amplifier out to the behringer compressor and into computer via audiophile 2496. I will be getting a tube pre amp as soon as possible, but for now in order to "warm up" my voice i use the guitar amps reverb. any suggestions on gate setting and ratio setting for compressor for best vocal sound sound? Also since I am just begining but very anal, will I be happy with a presonus tube pre for now or should I save for something better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. nackattack

nackattack Guest

please any help would be great, my voice sounds very flat and I have tried to give it more bass but that doesn't seem to help. I love the dynamic enhanser function but it give the overall voice too much treble. Is there a way to add edge to your voice using these tools or am I just stuck with choir sounding 14 year old voice..(i am 23)