1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help with Vegas Video please

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Soma, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Soma

Soma Guest

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but have been recording for a while.

I recently had a few issues with my PC, i got a new soundcard, and had to rebuild the whole thing.

My set up is a Roland VSR880 connected to a VM3100 pro. My soundcard is a Guillemot ISIS, and I'm using the SP/DIF input.

I have a Pentium 4 PC, with 512 MB DDR ram, and my programs are loaded on a 40 gig drive, and i have a seperate 100 gig drive that I record onto. the program i am using to do the mixing/mastering on is Vegas Video 3.0, which is by sonic foundry

My problem is that when I bounce my tracks to the PC from the VSR, they seem to record OK, but then when playing them back they have a funny clicking sound in them, every second or so (but not regularly). The tracks are Synced via midi, and i have checked the frame rates are the same, (25 FPS), and even tried using 30 fps. The tracks sound ok if i open them in soundforge, and don't have the click, but Vegas video won't play them properly.

Any help on this problem would be great.

Thanks, and i look forward to being a member of the forum.

2. MadAudio

MadAudio Guest

This could be wrong, but it's worth a look. Vegas may be "thinking" that your files are loops and is trying to fit them into whatever tempo the project file is set for. Right click on a track (in the waveform display area) and click properties. If a box labeled "loop" is checked, uncheck it and play again.