1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Help!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Soleil, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Soleil

Soleil Guest

I just need some help to record my drums, Im new in the "business"....ha!

I have a TASCAM DP-01 Digital 8-Track Portastudio, and 5 mics. I had recorded some examples, what I don´t know, is how can I put those little recordings in my computer and elaborate different sounds...? What special and cheap programs can I buy?

Also, I want to elaborate different samples....and I don´t know what computer program I can use....

Thanks!!

:cool:

2. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

RTFM. If you don't know that means Read The Friendly Manual. :wink:

Specifically the section titled "Importing and exporting tracks" in the "Using the USB connection".

I don't mind helping a person out, but if they (meaning you) don't even read your own manual, I aint gonna read the damn thing for you.

As for a special and cheap program, there are tons. Go buy an older or less functional version of cakewalk or cubase. Make sure that whatever you get that it supports VST plug-ins.

I do not know what you mean by wanting to "elaborate different samples". Do you mean you want to replace, change or add effects to samples?

If you get a software program, they generally come with effects or you can download VST ones if you have a program that supports that.