1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Hey all

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Opus2000, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Yo Yo Yo

I'm redoing my website and I want to enlist some ideas for a DAW page that I'm making on it.

What I'm thinking of doing is having sections that talk about:

Windows(the different versions and what not)
    Basics of DAW(what it takes and general concepts)
    Optimizing guides
    Hardware components(motherboards, PSU's..etc etc)
    Sound Cards(various types and what not)

I would like to know what people would want or if they have ideas on topics to add as well. I'm open to any suggestions as I think this could be a great resource for all people to look at when trying to build a daw themselves or just general questions as is.

I know this is a great site with lots of people that have greqat input...so lets see if we can make a great resource for this information!!!

Opus :D
  2. Tore Nylund

Tore Nylund Guest

I built my first DAW's a few years ago... guided by you Opus and the others here at RO. Good to see you again ( I've been away for ages).
    Anyway. Your Tweak-guide has been with me all the time but it's about time to upgrade it... isn't it?

A few topics that I miss.... Configuration with SATA- drives
    Also the fact that hard drives are so large nowadays that you really
    need to make smaller partitions to be able to defrag on a regular basis.
    Something about the new Intel CPU's and chipsets.
    PCI graphics?

Well, I will continue to visit your site and watch the progress.

Anyway it was great to see you around, Master Opus. :D
  3. Opus2000

Apr 7, 2001
    Hey Tore! I remember you! How the hell have you been?!

Yes, indeed that is one of my quests is to create a Winxp SP2 guide. As soon as I get my head around how I want my new site to look I'll dive into that.. Shouldn't be too hard as I've decreased the amount of tweaking that I deem "important".

I do plan on doing a hard drive section as well so I'll try and cover SATA in there as well.

In the hardware section I'll be discussing the basic hardware necessary and what is considered ok to use and what to avoid.

Hopefully more comments will pour in!

Cheers for now

4. Randyman...

Randyman... Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Houston, TX
    You rock, Opus :cool:
  5. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Hi Opus
    I too am rebuilding and refocusing my sites

I plan to have a DAW setup section ... NOT computer ... just the andio/digital ... levels ... cues and monitoring ... config stuff connections etc

you know the sort of stuff I mean
    0dB FS and +4dBu line up ...
    what the hell is -20dBFS supposed to mean ?
    etc ... etc

we could cross-link or cross write stuff for each other.
  6. Opus2000

Apr 7, 2001

Absolutely...I thought about doing a converters/digital I/O section but I'm glad you're doing it as this project is taxing my brain enough! :shock:

email me when you get a chance- and we can discuss our plans and what not...

Randyman...nah...just got too much time on my hands! lmao!