1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by DonnyThompson, Feb 8, 2016.

1. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Hi all...

I wanted to give you all an update as to my recent absence from RO.

I've been offline because I've been seriously ill.

Last Thursday - I think it was Thursday... I was suffering from lower back pain. I thought it was just my old L5 back pain flaring up, it does that sometimes...so I tool a couple motrin and that helped some...

But by late that night, I was in agonizing pain, and wasn't able to urinate. Apparently my kidneys had shut down.

I took myself to the ER and they admitted me, the diagnosis was a very bad kidney infection.

They wacked me with nuclear doses of antibiotics via IV and then sent me home two days later with a Z pak.

I'm better... although still very weak, very fatigued.

So I'm here. And I'm back. Barely. ;)

-d.

2. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

I wish you get well fast Donny !

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

We are here concerned and hoping you get back to your good old self, pal.

NOTE: Sean is going to set up a support conversation for you. Those wanting to be included, please let Sean know.
    Big hug.

4. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

I've been wondering where you were, Donny. We've been missing you! Glad to hear you are on the recovery road.

Keep it steady now - bring that fader up slowly...

5. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Thank you my brothers..

Right now, I'm feeling the effects of massive doses of antibiotics; I've been on them in the past, for things like strep throat, but I've never had this much of it in my system before.

It's very... hmmm... I guess all I can say is that I feel it. Lethargic, weak.

But I'm glad to be alive.

It was a close call, according to the doc.

Have an appointment with a kidney/liver doc in the morning. We'll see...

thanks again :)

pcrecord likes this.
  6. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Its great to have you back here on RO mate, I was wondering where you had gone to...I thought we would have to report you MIA...;)

I wish you all the best champ, RO has been quiet without your usual contribution here.

7. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

Just take care of yourself Donny, as always Boswell's advice is right on the money.

8. Makzimia

Makzimia Active Member

Get well soon Donny.

9. Chris Perra

Chris Perra Active Member

Get well soon Donny.. wow.. that sucks.. good to hear you caught it before something really bad happened.. Good thing you went to the hospital.. It's easy to blow of things that you think you can manage.