1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

hi freq eq for reasonable price

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Smashh, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Smashh

Smashh Active Member

I downloaded the demo for the soft tube trident eq , and I really like it ,but its too pricey.

Can anyone suggest an EQ plugin thats not so expensive .
    I need one that can bring out the hi freq and not get ugly .

ATM I have the stock pro tools eqs , the mcdsp AE 400 , Tokyo dawn slick eq .

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

try this

Smashh likes this.
  3. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Not to sabotage Kurt's link to freeware - there are some occasional gems out there that are free, but they're rare.

You didn't mention a budget...

I've been using Waves SSL G Series EQ's and I really like them. They have a very nice, silky, airy kind of top end... assuming, of course - and this goes for any plug you use, regardless of price - that the tracks you are working with are well recorded to begin with.

I think Waves has a deal going on right now for the SSL Bundle, which includes the E and G Series channel strips and EQ's.

You may want to check their site.

Smashh likes this.
  4. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

I am WAY into the Softtube EQ's. PAy the admission costs and never look back. Can you say, "No PHASE problems??"

Smashh likes this.
  5. Smashh

Smashh Active Member

Yeah , Davedog , I do like the trident EQ , because I can hear what its doing on my speakers .
    Guess I ll wait a while until I can buy it down the line ,or maybe some one will bring out a less expensive new plug in ( wouldnt that be awesome ) .

Donny, the budget is pretty slim at the mo . We have a computer that crashed this morn , so buying an EQ plug in is now on the back burner wish list ...

In the mean time , I will try to record better and possibly not need it :)

Kurt , I downloaded the link ,but it will not open on my mac . :confused:

Anyways thanks again for your advice guys (y)

6. pan60

pan60 Active Member

maag audio

7. rocksure

rocksure Active Member

I would look at the PSPaudioware plugins. I love their Noble Q Equalizer, but they have some other interesting looking EQ's too. Reasonable prices too.