1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Hi there!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by nichtrauscher, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Hi, I'm new to recording.org!

Just want to say hi, and tell you about my first impressions of RO:
    On a first glance, it seemed to be less full of OT flaming than most other forums, so I decided to stay, sign up, and introduce myself.

I'm 31 years old, I live in Germany, I play drums in a Band, and I have built up a home studio over the past 10 years or so, starting with a 4-track cassette recorder und ever spending money on new and more gear (Gear Aquisition Syndrome..)

Back in the 90's, I used to hang out on the Usenet-Group alt.music.4-track, which has been dead now for several years (some am4t veterans round here BTW?)

These days, I own a (7 year old) Win-based DAW with two RME Digi96/8,
    two Tascam MX-4 Quad MicPres, Alesis Studio 24 Mixer, two Fostex Analog-ADAT-Converters, two Fostex 8-track HD-Recorders, a Box full of Mics (NT-2, V67G, two CK391, two AT 3525 omnis, four SM57s, a Beta52, a MD421, a SM58) boxes full of cables and other stuff.

That's it for now. Lets see if I can be of any help (and if not, it'll at least improve my english.. :) )

2. Groff

Groff Active Member

Welcome aboard :cool: (y)

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

welcome to RO

4. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Yeah, I think that's what keeps most people coming back, the lack of flaming. There's really no need for it, we're all professionals here.

You've got a good selection of gear there, and your English is better than some I've seen on here - mine included...

5. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

Welcome!