1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Hill Audio Ltd. info?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by McAllister, Mar 20, 2002.

1. McAllister

McAllister Member

Hello all. Do to recent hell that I will not go into I am in need of a new (for me) console. While a 16 channel would be ideal, I've just stumbled across a 24 channel desk by Hill Audio Ltd., made in Hollingborn, England.

I've been able to run down a little info and an informed opinion, but was wondering if anyone here could elucidate?

Anything at all would help.

thank you

2. Hill Audio used to operate out of a farm in Hollingbourne,Kent.Malcolm Hill used to build entire PA rigs;FOH desks,monitor desks,power amps,full-range pa cabs.They also operated a full touring service,crew and all.Kind of like a UK version of Clare Bros.I think they used to do AC/DC,in the late seventies.I seem to remember taking a Hill rig on a European tour in '79 which included a pair of huge full-range sidefill cabs which were custom built for AC/DC.They took about 8 humpers to lift them.Hill also made studio consoles I think,but were predominantly known for live gear.
    Of course,my memory isn't all it should be......

Regards,Dave Lewis.

3. I've just realised,they're still there.

Malcolm Hill Associates
    Hollingbourne House
    Hollingbourne
    Kent ME17 1QJ
    Tel: 01622 880601
    Fax: 01622 880664

Cheers.

4. Run away, quickly!

5. McAllister

McAllister Member

mp - why should I run away?

The previous opinion (by an RO heavyweight) said, "I know that model Hill [B-series]. It's not strictly speaking a recording desk but it ounds great. Might have to replace the faders, though."