1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Home Computer Recording Question

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mahogany, Dec 13, 2003.

1. mahogany

mahogany Guest

Does anyone know of any DirectX or VST plugin chorus or reverb effects that will allow me to hear the reverb or chorus effect while I'm singing or strumming? I have plenty of plugins that allow you to apply an effect after the track is recorded. Thanks
  2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    You might want to try posting your question in the DAW section of this forum where the experts for this kind of advice reside.

(Dead Link Removed)

(Dead Link Removed)
  3. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Its not the plugin, but rather the host that infers this ability.

Your current plugin will do the task if your host will allow.

4. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Guest

which host are you using?

usually they label this feature "software monitoring" or some similar nomenclature.

The results will be dependent upon the speed of your system... the lower latency the more seemless and natural it will be on the ears.
  5. Your best bet would be to add some kind of inexpensive hardware reverb unit (a Quadraverb would do fine) to your front end, so you can add reverb to your monitoring without printing it.

Of course, I'm assuming you have some sort of mixing console on your front end. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  6. absolutely...

A hardware mixer and a cheap verb for cue mix will save you much horsepower and effort.
  7. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Aug 15, 2003
    well yeah, but he might already have the capability he desires.