1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Home Recording with a V-Amp

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Starforsaken, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Starforsaken

Starforsaken Guest

Sorry if this is a common question, but I can't seem to get the search function to work.

I recently got a Behringer V-amp to try and boost the sound of my home recording. I can get a sound I like through headphones, but when I plug it into my sound card, the recorded signal just ain't as good. Possibly I'm connecting it wrong, because the manual is pretty difficult to follow. I'm putting it into S2 mode and running a cable from the R output into my PC. Sound right?

Assuming I am connecting it properly, is it worth running the V-amp output through a preamp before going into the sound card? Or does anyone have any other tips for getting a good recording using a V-amp?

2. MilesAway

MilesAway Guest

A preamp shouldn't be nessesary. Just make sure you're running into the "Line-in", not the "mic-in" on your sound-card... there's a big difference...

3. SeniorFedup

SeniorFedup Guest

maybe a di box will help. i get the same problem with my line 6 pod . the only difference is basically the brand.

4. GregP

GregP Guest

The V-Amp should already match impedance. It has a Hi-Z input for your guitar, and sends a line-level signal. Should go right into your "line-in" as mentioned.

Greg