1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Home Setup

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mdgraves, Dec 10, 2007.

1. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

Hey guys,

Im new to the forum and have been searching around for a decent recording forum around here and i think i might have found one. I am pretty big into home recording and recently purchased some stuff for my band to record a demo

Presonus - firepod

Studio Projects - Pre amp

Shure drum mic pack - 3 Sm 57's and one beta 52a

I am using adobe audition 3 also

I think this is pretty much all i need we also have a line 6 flextone 3 to work with along with a behringer v-amp.

2. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

i also have 2 behringer condenser mics as overheads, and m-audio studiophile dx4 moniters to mix with

3. Gertok

Gertok Guest

Upgrade to a better monitors dude

4. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

kind of on a budget with school and everything i picked them out for 60 bucks

5. Gibsonsg1090

Gibsonsg1090 Guest

Hey I would upgrade to a different type of mics too. Behringer is cheap and wouldnt do a great job for you to. Try the shure mics sm-57s. They just like the sm-58s but cheaper and they do a much better job.

6. Gertok

Gertok Guest

Good headphones are better sell them for 80 on ebay. I just sold mine for 89. I upgraded to a hs80m, but seriously good sennheisers or akg will do you better

7. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

Dont' worry about upgrading yet, make a demo and take the time to learn how to make it better next time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

8. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

awesome, advice guys, i do need some better overhead mics ill research them. I have some stuff recorded you can go to myspace.com/thosedamncardinals all those songs i recorded with some cheap mics and a mixer

9. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

Your stuff isn't half bad!

You're on your way, man.
    Patience and dedication is what it takes.

10. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

thanks. We are re-recording all those songs with the new gear. I think i can get a "big" sound from the shure drum pack. Also I have been working on getting a nice guitar sound. I am definetly going to spend a lot of time on mic placement and eq'ing.