1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

HOW CUM MY SUB DONT WORK?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by RODNEY, Aug 28, 2003.

1. RODNEY

RODNEY Active Member

Hi there a friend of my gave me a Yamaha NS-W2 powered sub butt it dont seem to be workin right.
    First I hooked it up to the line outs of my board(they work fine with my monitors) and some sound came out but not much even with everything all the way up.Then I looked at the Yamaha web site and it said that it could be hooked up to speaker outs so I hooked it up to my receiver and still some sound but not much.
    What am I doin wrong?Is there a way that I could test it with a multimeter to see if everything is ok with it? THANKS RODNEY

2. tmix

tmix Guest

This may seem like an insulting remark, but it is not meant to be. Since it is a "powered sub" ,meaning it has its own internal power amp, do you have it plugged in with a power cord and turned on?

3. RODNEY

RODNEY Active Member

Yep! I plugged it in and turned it on.It has stereo inputs only no outputs.I tried both inputs tried one then the other still nothin.Thats not insulting its basic butt it happens from time to time. THANKS RODNEY

4. Rod Gervais

Rod Gervais Active Member

I would check to see if a fuse was blown, it seems to me that a lack of power is the problem here.

I found a website when you can get a manual if you don't already have one.

http://www.avsl.net/manuals7.html

But it definately sounds like a power issue to me - if you are hearing anything - that means the circuit has continuity........ so me tinks (IMHO) to go searching for dem fuses.... ;)

Rod

5. RODNEY

RODNEY Active Member

Thanks Rod Ill check the fuses tonight Im at work till then butt I think yer on ta somethin.Thanks also fer the web site I dont have a manual so that should help.THANKS AGAIN RODNEY