How do I achieve this reverb effect?

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by solomongrundy, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Could someone please explain to me how I can achieve this reverb effect on a vocal? Where the vocal is playing forward but the reverb sounds like it is playing backwards. I have included a sample at this site http://plus.xdrive.com/s/053774865expHVBDBVomU5kYebnz?partner=plus . Thanks

2. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

Having problems obtaining the file. XDrive doesn't seem to want me to sign up, for some reason.

3. joshley

joshley Guest

I cannot get the file, but from what you describe, I believe I think I may know what you are after. Reverse the sound, apply reverb to it, and then reverse it back again, thus creating a sound that sound like it sucks into itself. Hope this helps!
    :)
    joshley

4. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Solomon, that's just a reversed cymbal there at the beginning. Try what joshley said for a similar sound on vocals.

5. Thanks guys you have really been great, what I am trying to uncover though is how can I create a preset so that I do not have to continually do such a thing. Any Ideas?