1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

How do you connect an audiobuddy to an audiophile????

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Jotosuds, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Jotosuds

    Jotosuds Guest

    huh? the audiophile has rca ins while the buddy has 1/4 outs. WHERE can i buy this adapter?? i've looked far and wide and i can't seem to find one!! help.

  2. David French

    David French Well-Known Member

    I have bought them before at Radio Shack.
  3. realdynamix

    realdynamix Well-Known Member

    Just a thought. What is the level of the audiobuddy with respect to the audiophile? I do not know these brand names, but RCA's are usually associated with -10db inputs. That means if one device is at +4db unbalanced, and the other is -10db, it will overload. You may need a level matching converter. Check out EB Tech products at GC, or your pro recording shop.
  4. David French

    David French Well-Known Member

    Audiobuddy and Audiophile are M-Audio Products. The Audiophile's software has a switchable input level, so just match that to the output level of the Audiobuddy and you'll be fine.
  5. Jotosuds

    Jotosuds Guest

    i've seen ones that are stereo 1/4" to 2 rca. will that one do? doesn't it have to be mono 1/4" to 1 rca? thanks
  6. David French

    David French Well-Known Member

    Look. Buy two of these and your troubles will be over:


Share This Page