1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

how do you guys get equipment for review?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by nodell, Nov 21, 2001.

1. nodell

nodell Guest

just wondering how you guys get equipment for review. i'm just a small personal project studio and i'm thinking my only option is to go out and buy each unit i'm thinking about (making sure wherever I buy from has a good return policy) and returning what I don't like. ideally, i'd like to get 2 or 3 mic pre's for example (for a couple days) and compare them, but i don't have the money to buy 2 or 3 units at once.

what does everyone else do? do you guys have 'contacts' with local distributors, retailers?

- neil
  2. bassmac

bassmac Guest

A generous return policy and a good credit card will do. Charge up three pre's, and return two before you're billed.

3. mattgirard

mattgirard Guest

Build a relationship with a local Pro Audio Dealer. A lot of dealers have demo gear that you can try out for a week at no charge, and then you can pick the piece that you like the best. On occasion they might even sell you the piece at a discount.