1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

How do you like the general layout of the forum now

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by audiokid, Apr 8, 2015.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I've done a ton of organizing and re-mapping, re-structuring, assigning of threads and categories. How do you like the general layout of the forums now? Is it easier to navigate or is it too busy?

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

2. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

Seems all nice to me ! ;)

audiokid likes this.
  3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

it's running pretty good now. last week it was sooooo sloooooowwwww .... glad to see the edit function is back ... it makes for better threads with less second thoughts posts.

thanks for all you do for this place Chris.

audiokid likes this.
  4. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thanks for chiming in guys
    and for the kind words, Kurt.

I wonder why it was slow. It didn't seem any different on my side. Others feel that way too? Marco?
    The edit function has always been there? Maybe something unintentionally changed?

5. Kurt Foster

edit: was set to shut off after 10 minutes. now it stays on ... i like it on all the time so if i want to add a thought i can without posting 3 times in a row.

it was real slow and most of the time i had to re load pages to get them up but no problems with email CL, EwwToob or EBlah. only RO. since no one else said anything i thought maybe i had eaten a bad cookie somewhere but it's running real well now so i guess not.

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Ah, it was set to do that for only members with 2 posts or under. Its a precaution to avoid spammer posting here , then coming back later and adding in stuff we don't want here.

I agree, its nice to be able to edit. I couldn't live without that. Sorry I had that off for you and everyone.

Slow, though. Please always say something in case there might be something corrupted or someone harvesting.

I just upgraded the server and it appears to be really snappy. Glad to hear its faster.

7. Kurt Foster

i am reticent to snivel ... this laptop i use for interweby things is very old .... celeron / 512 ram .... i'm surprised it continues to work. i suspect one day i'll turn it on and all i will hear is maniacal laughter ....

8. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I bet the images from the new Media section, at the bottom of the forum were killing you. I won't put those there then. Thanks for telling me.

9. Kurt Foster

please don't hold back on the images just on my account. i bet i'm probably the only one in the world with this old of a computer. i have a newer one but it's windoze and i don't like to use it on the net. LINUX only for internet and this old beater is the only Linux box i have at the moment.

10. audiokid

audiokid Staff

No worries, its good to know it slowed you down like that.

11. Kurt Foster

heavy pages always take longer to load on this old beater .... no matter where i am at. i looking at a new internet laptop soon .... getting real tired of this thing.

audiokid likes this.
  12. JohnTodd

JohnTodd Well-Known Member

I like it. Speedy here, on Firefox with a zillion plugins running. Would like a "dark" theme to suit my artistic sensibilities, though.

No biggie. I like the re-mastering you've done on this site!

audiokid likes this.
  13. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Well-Known Member

Looks nice on the phone man. The thread sub catagories make it much easier on these tiny screens I'm stuck w. I really like the recent posts setup how it's been lately, even easier to jump in and talk shop!

@Kurt Foster Lmao can't belive that things still chuggin!

audiokid likes this.
  14. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

very smooth, clean, easy to navigate. Great job.

audiokid likes this.
  15. Kurt Foster

1 hard drive and 2 Linux upgrades..... still chuggin! i have things like pots & pans that belonged to my Mom when i was 4 years old! i keep old cars, old dogs, even when they get bad breath and stinky. so why would i throw out a computer that continues to work? still, it's time i think ......

kmetal likes this.
  16. thatjeffguy

thatjeffguy Active Member

Well done Chris... much nicer and cleaner look. Well thought-out sub-categories. This forum is by far my favorite stop every morning, thanks for your hard work!
    ~Jeff

audiokid likes this.
  17. freightgod

freightgod Active Member

I also love the edit function.

And I love that 'thread update's sent to my email actually show the new post in the email, so nice not to have to log in all the time.