1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

How to hook Seb's to my DAW??

Discussion in 'Recording' started by the_gid, Jun 16, 2005.

1. the_gid

the_gid Guest

OK! I have a powerbook G4 running, logic - using a presonus Firepod (already has pre's - poor ones).

BUT i want to get a VMP4000e.

The only way I know of getting the signal from the Seb pre to my computer is through the Firepod's channels 3 through 8 using 1/4 TRS input.. - so it runs

instrument/mic>VMP400e>Firepod>DAW

I was told to turn the gain on the seb's up and the gain on the Firepod down?? is this correct?

OR is there an easier way of doing it - prefererably whilst spending as little $$$ as possible!

ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

2. Markd102

Markd102 Well-Known Member

That's it!

Yeah. Start with the Firepod gains at about 9 o'clock. That should give you heaps.

3. the_gid

the_gid Guest

okay cool - i just don't want to spend £700-£900 on mic pre's which will then sound like tin cans through the firepod's already 'canny' pre's - seriously, i won't lose any quality? - putting a good pre through a bad pre?

4. Markd102

Markd102 Well-Known Member

Depending on how the Firepod is wired up, the line inputs may not even go through the preamp circuitry. But even if they do, they'll be padded back internally to the stage where you won't notice them.