1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Hows the speed?

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by audiokid, Apr 22, 2014.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

We're on a bigger machine than yesterday. lol. Is it noticeable. Probably not right. :LOL: :whistle:

We have a pile of space and room to grow now. Maybe I'll be dead before I need to worry about doing this again lol.
    • :eek:

Anyway, thanks for hanging in there and supporting the site. I hope you all stay around and keep the seats warm.

cheers

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

it seems better than before.

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thats what I want to here, thanks for taking the time Kurt! I'm working on a new cache system which should out perform this more. Should be done in the next days, I hope...

then, getting back to music, this kind of work is painful.

4. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's seem faster! But there's an image that do not display (top corner left of the page).
    Good Job !!

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I know, its all going to hell right now. I can't figure out what they did and they aren't being very helpful. Cloud hosting is a trap, it has its pros and cons. .
    I'm trying to figure out where the images allocated to.

6. pcrecord

Hope I help in saying, I got to work and I see all images.. I must say I don't use the same browser (home : Chrome, work : IE 9)

7. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

I hadn't noticed the problems you spoke of, but I applaud and thank you once again for giving us all a place to talk shop. ;)

8. thatjeffguy

thatjeffguy Active Member

Seems pretty snappy today Chris!

Thanks for all the work you do, this is a very cool site!

Jeff

9. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thanks, good to hear some love. Makes it worth it.

The host went into my forum styles and changed code to help speed their cloud. The improvement I saw was small and it actually created headaches. Had I known what they were actually doing, I wouldn't be so pissed right now. Nor would I of agreed. I spend days trying to resolve cause and effect from bad communication specific to moving data I needed to know where it was. I feel they were sneaky and its why I bailed before i had more invested. GS is with this company. They can have that trap..

Clouds are more for the reseller, and finding ways to keep cutting up the pie. If they actually worked for you, right on! But, its always about money.
    I learned something good from what they did.. I'm going to make my our cloud server the dedicated way. This is actually a blessing in disguise.

10. pcrecord

It's working great here now, keep up the good work. It's appreciated, I like this site !! ;)

11. audiokid

audiokid Staff

thanks everyone! And, sorry if you got turned off just a few minutes ago, the switch to our names servers just propagated. We are official. Site should be stable now.

12. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Seems FAST TOO! (y)

13. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

I was wondering about my computer and my broadband connection because recording.org has become much more quickly responsive. I thought I was hallucinating? Thank you... now I know I'm not. These pages are loading nice and fast. Seems great!

14. JohnTodd

JohnTodd Well-Known Member

Looking* great here! Win7-64bit Ult. Firefox.

* by using the word looking, I mean performing.