1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Human hearing beats the Fourier uncertainty principle

Discussion in 'Recording' started by audiokid, Feb 9, 2013.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Not giving any opinion here but it does support why I think our hearing or perception is better than we think. I think, we give way to much credit to computers at times and not enough other times and don't trust our ears enough when we should. How confusing it all is !
    Anything to do with helping me create a more realistic space in my mix environment, the better I say !

Humans may not have the hearing of a dog but I think we do a pretty good job discerning spatial degree's in our surroundings. In audio, we have gone from mono mixes to creating a pretty realistic virtual world which is what Chris Stone has done with his DVZ Strings. When you listen to his examples, you go, okay, I get this whole spacial thing more.

Here is something more about "hearing"

Human hearing beats the Fourier uncertainty principle

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Spatial Hearing, Interaural Loudness Differences, and Distance Hearing: Interview

And this is rather interesting too:

Spatial Hearing, Interaural Loudness Differences, and Distance Hearing: Interview with Norbert Kopco, PhD

And just to troll to see what others come up with and to stimulate this topic anyway it goes :)

The effect of spatial separation

https://www.google.ca/search?q=The+effect+of+spatial+separation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta